Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 2: Visiting Information

Dear friends: We wanted to let you know that no one will be able to visit in Daniel's room for now. His lungs are so fragile that any infection could be devastating. The trauma team is trying to get him strong enough and stable enough to continue with the necessary operations. They decided against taking him off of the ventilator because he has large blood blisters on his lung and they are afraid that they will collapse.

Also, if anyone even has a slight cold, though we appreciate your support, please do not come to the hospital so that we won't get sick. If we pick up any illness, then we wouldn't be able to be with him.

Thanks for everything. Aubrey

3 comments:

  1. Dear Aubrey and Mendy,
    Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you here in Tennessee. I'm trying to stay updated via the family, and now I will use the blog. Even though I am far away, I can still communicate with God on Daniel's behalf, and I will definitely be doing that.
    with love, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrey and Mendy,
    Sounds like you have a very strong and creative son. I love the way he has continued to communicate with you. Plese let him know that he has extended family members here in Chattanooga who are also keeping him in our thoughts and prayers.
    Thanks for taking the time to send this blog - such a great way to reach so many who care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, so used to commenting on my daughters' blogs, I forgot to sign my name.

    Love, Linda & Boe

    ReplyDelete