Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 13: Evening Update

Sunday 12 April, 9:55pm MST






Only Aubrey's kids get Easter baskets with live flowers growing in them.

-
Today has had its ups and downs for Daniel, which is not uncommon for patients who have been critically injured. But the highs outweigh the lows, so we'll focus on the highs. Daniel's lung x-rays revealed that the fluid in his chest cavity and lungs has drained, so the lung tube was removed today. This is the second time a lung tube has needed to be inserted and removed and we are hoping it is the last.

-
Daniel also took two long walks with his crutch today. Since he no longer has the lung pump trailing him everywhere he goes, he was able to walk without his usual entourage and only needed a couple of people beside him just in case. The nurse even gave T-Bob a sling, so he doesn't need to walk with that big block of foam cheddar cheese on his arm any more (though he still uses it the rest of the time).

-
The doctors will be evaluating Daniel's progress tomorrow to determine where he goes from here. We will post an update tomorrow evening after all of the assessments have been reported.

5 comments:

  1. Yea Dan!! You walked dang far today and really well too!! I was amazed!! You are a trooper!! Your progress has been substantial! We are so grateful for that!! Keep it up!! Hang in there!! P.S. make sure you ask the doctors to take home the cheese block as a souvenir!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill!! The way you have the easter basket and his picture arranged and all makes it look like a tomb shrine!!! haha how morbid of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy easter.. so glad daniel is doing so good.... we love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan!!! You are the MAN, I am sure that you are in a lot of pain right now but you are tough and I know that you will make it trough in no time. Keep up the great work we are all praying for you and know that you still have a ways to go. We love you a lot and sorry that we have not been able to see you more the past couple of years. I guess I will have time to get in shape before your next climbing trip!! Love you nephew let me know if there is anythign you ever nee.
    Conner Fam: You are in our thoughts and we love you so much please let us know if there is ANYTHING you need. Ben, Mattie, Sydeny, Ryan, & Joshua Wadsworth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel, Daniel, Daniel.......Oh happy day--you are home!!!

    I was talking on the phone with your mom last night while you were upstairs being entertained by your friends...so how does it feel to be unhooked? ;-) What a shock it was when Aubrey called me yesterday afternoon to tell me you were being released from the hospital! I know Uncle Bill will be frantic trying to scramble and get an update on your blog today since he flew out to California yesterday morning...

    I'm so happy my computer is finally fixed so I can catch up on your blog. (That's why I haven't left you any comments yet...my computer's been down and I've been offline ever since your accident!) But you know you have been in our constant thoughts and prayers and just look how all of these prayers and happy thoughts from your friends and loved ones all across the country have paid off!

    I'll be down to see you today. Love U~ Aunt Karen :-)

    ReplyDelete